VIAF new to Cataloger’s Desktop
Although I haven’t been blogging lately, some news today brought me out of lurkdom. In an email to the Desktop discussion list earlier today, Bruce Chr. Johnson announced:
Normally when we add new resources to Cataloger’s Desktop between issues we hold off announcing them until the new issue is rel[e]ased. In this instance we have just added several resources that we would like to bring to your attention. New to Desktop are:
* The 2009 release of the “Statement of International Cataloguing Principles” from IFLA, in English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, and Swedish.
* The Preliminary Consolidated Edition of ISBD from IFLA in English, Spanish, and French.
* The list archives of the SACO discussion list, SACOList. (A description is available at <http://www.loc.gov/catdir/pcc/saco/sacolist.html>.)
* “Authorities & Vocabularies” from the Library of Congress
* VIAF, the Virtual International Authority File
I’m happy to see access to the VIAF spreading.VIAF